Wednesday, August 11, 2010

We Made It!

Friends and Family,

We just wanted to chime in and let you all know how we are doing and what we are up to. Well, we made it to Europe and have now joined Steve in Liechtenstein. it has been a great reunion for having been separated for a while. The flights over were...well...interesting--
being 2 on 1 with me, Everett, and Liam (who is a handful anywhere we go). Thanks to our friend Bonnie-Jeane we had stand by tickets and we were able to make it on on every flight we needed with very little problems (but a whole bunch of running through airports)--thanks Bonnie-Jeane.

Steve was there to meet us, and the boys were so happy to see their daddy again. Everett talked a mile a minute for the next hour updating Steve on everything. Our first stop was Ikea in Switzerland to grab a few organizational items--then Everett spotted a Toys R Us--and we had to stop, I mean come on the kids had been on hours and hours of flights and Everett was a super champ, they deserved to just play at a toy store.

Jet lag has been hard with 2 little ones. I hadn't imagined the burden because of was so tired and 20month old Liam and 4 year old Everett were too and we were all on weird time schedules. I think that we are all over it now, and the boys are on a schedule.

We have ridden trains and buses and the boys LOVE it!!! I do miss Liam's car seat though, he wants to run everywhere and anyone who knows Liam, knows you can't control him. It brings me back to my mission and I love it. Oh how I've missed riding buses., these are much cleaner and newer buses though. We had a great time playing around a huge lake called the Bodensee. We rented bikes and went to a great water park place where there were great water slides.

Church was fun, and I even said my first prayer in German in front of Sunday School! I mean, I have heard Steve do it since our kids were born. I think everyone was shocked that I volunteered. It took us about an hour and half by train to get to our ward. Our ward is small and encompasses the entire state of Voralburg in Austria and parts of Switzerland and the entire country of Liechtenstein (which we are the only members). It is small but great, If i could only get this language thing down faster. Steve loves it though and he has already been called as the ward mission leader--which is funny because this ward was part of Steve's mission (when there was a Zurich Switzerland Mission). I think the boys will do well.

It is beautiful out here, and I am trying to keep the boys busy (what am I saying, they keep me busy). We go to a lot of parks and we love to look at flowers. Tomorrow we will be going swimming, and the wild animal park is on our list for this week. Getting Everett into school here is still in the works, and we are positive about it, there are just hoops to jump through.

Steve will be here for about a year and we hope to stay the entire time, but we are not sure at this point.

We really hope you all are doing well, we still think of you all, and I wish I could call you all and catch up--but staying in contact isn't one of my strong qualities. I hope to get a blog started but for know simple emails will have to do.

We love you all. And thank you for EVERYTHING.

Love,

Stephen. Delaine, Everett, and Liam

1 comment:

Terry Hermansen said...

A popular thing in Europe when I lived there was those harness things! Ha ha! You could get one of those for Liam instead of his car seat! (-: