Friday, February 11, 2011

Alpine Trip

Before Delaine and the boys set off for the States, we took a little alpine drive to Chur and also through one of my areas in Wattwil, which is in Kanton St. Gallen, for those of you who know Switzerland. It was a nice drive, and it reminded me of the hard work, sacrifice, and success that we experienced in this secluded, but beautiful part of Switzerland. It was nice to show Delaine, the boys, and Mindy my old stomping grounds. I must admit, there was a strong desire for me to park the car, march up into the mountains, and try to find some families by knocking on some doors...

Here is the church in the small town of Alt St. Johann. Yes, I did knock those doors on the hillside!











Delaine snapped this photo along the way.













The boys and Mindy enjoying the ride, even with eyes closed.













The mountains never get old, it is so beautiful around here!













No comments: