Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day #2

December 2nd, started with opening our day from our Lego advent calendar, (great way to get the boys up and ready for school in the morning with no moaning), each day they get a new Christmas themed Lego thing. It is quite cool and Steve and I are just as excited to open it as they are. Lego snowman was the first day, the second was a little boy.

I was instructed to bring Ev back to school this day because they would have a special visit from St. Nicolaus. Don't get him confused with good ol St. Nick in the US (heehee), he is the Catholic Saint that brings gives the 6th, if you have been good. The place was a surprise and parents were not able to come. I am so happy that I dressed Ev in all of his snow getup because they were outside at night, while it was snowing for over an hour. Ev didn't say much about it, but got a great stocking filled with fun stuff from him. He just told me he had a gold staff and hat. I wanted to know everything because this is all new to me. The next day we learning they had planned this to be filmed and was on the news! After we saw the tapping we realized how cool it was! They had St. Nic come from the hills through the trees, while the snow was falling, and the children sang songs for him. Very cool. When Steve comes home we will see if we can put the video on for all to see.

While Everett was at his taping, Liam and I picked up some Christmas cookies and walked around the Christmas market.

No comments: